Rotary District 5360 Newsroom
$2.1 Million Polio Eradication Grant
This is a big deal! Alberta Rotarians raised $350,000 which was matched by the Alberta Government. That amount is being matched 2:1 by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to make a donation of $2.1 million for polio eradication.
Unimark Creative, Rotary District 5360 spokespersons, and Rotary International Media Relations professionals are eager to answer questions and help you in any way we can.
Global Leader in Fight against Polio
Dr. Bob Scott (below) will deliver his keynote address at 1:30 on Friday, April 11th. The cheque presentation will occur following his address at approximatley 2:15-2:30.
However, the conference schedule includes other fascinating stories like the Malawi Girls School. Cofounder Christie Johnson will share the inspirational story of how girls were given choices and a way out from the oppression of poverty. Graduate Atsikana Pa Ulendo will also be in Lethbridge to share the story of her journey.
All events are at the Lethbridge Lodge. Please call or email me or Doris Fleck for info about speaking with a requested spokesperson. We are here to serve you.
Features & Side Stories
- News Alert - April 7, 2014 - Alberta Rotarians play role in generating $2.1 MM dollars for Rotary International’s polio eradication campaign.
- News Release - March 27, 2014 - South-East Asia Region of 1.8 Billion People Declared Polio-Free
- News Release - Feb 14, 2014, Rotary Internaional releases US$35.9 million to fight polio in Africa and Asia
- Quick Facts - Statistics and background informaiton about the fight against Polio
- Polio Facts - Definitions and background
- Rotary Conference Schedule - April 11-15, 2014, Lethbridge Lodge
For Media Info
Tel: (403) 280-1093 Cell: (403) 829-3340
Doris Fleck, Media Specialist, Writer
Tel: (403) 396 7417
Peter Fleck, Photojournalist, Writer
Tel: (403) 590-1574
Rotary District Conference Info
Patrick Killoran, District Governor
Rotary District 5360
Tel: 403 - 328 7600 Cell: 403 - 393 0506
Conference Website: www.discon.rotary5360.ca
Rotary International (Evanston, Illinois)
Petina Dixon-Jenkins; Media Relations Specialist, Rotary PolioPlus
Wayne Hearn; Vice President, Sr. Media Relations
Specialist, Rotary Public Relations Group,